While moving to the cloud has become a trend amongst businesses, a quick decision can easily turn into a costly mistake! In fact, some businesses hear about the benefits of cloud computing and decide to go 100% to the cloud, however, this approach is almost always unsuccessful. On the other hand, a hybrid cloud approach offers many advantages, from optimizing costs to enhancing flexibility, most businesses will benefit from a hybrid cloud approach as opposed to moving 100% to the cloud.
Looking to Take Productivity to the Next Level? Don’t Make the Costly Mistake of Moving 100% to the Cloud!
In the simplest terms, cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs via the Internet, instead of storing and accessing them on your computer’s hard drive. When you choose to move to a 100% cloud approach, you’re moving all of your applications, email, and file sharing systems to the cloud. As a result, you’re risking the potential loss of productivity and profitability due to:
- Lack of security: When there’s no file server in place, it’s hard to manage various users in terms of security and confidentiality.
- Potential downtime: When everything’s stored in the cloud, you’re facing serious downtime in the event of an Internet connection issue.
- Reduced control: If you’re leveraging a public cloud, you’re bound to lose some control over your data and applications.
Fortunately, there’s a better alternative: when you choose to move to a hybrid cloud approach, wherein you’re using a mix of on-premise and cloud-based solutions, you’re able to benefit from:
- Increased security: The hybrid cloud environment offers a higher level of security in a cost-efficient manner.
- Enhanced flexibility: The hybrid cloud environment makes it simple to introduce new services and functionalities.
- Optimized costs: The hybrid cloud environment can easily be configured and scaled as needed to reduce operational expenditure.
Ready to switch to a flexible, cost-efficient hybrid cloud environment? Give us a call at or send us an email at to learn more, or to schedule a complimentary assessment of your cloud needs. is the preferred cloud support and cloud consulting company for businesses in Fort Lauderdale.
With over 19 years of hard work and dedication, Eric has established ECW Computers and ECW Cloud Solutions as a trusted provider of customized IT solutions that drive the success of businesses throughout the country. We are headquartered in Broward County Florida, but over the past 7 years, our footprint has extended to nation-wide support leveraging cloud-first infrastructures, hosting, and modern support. Our focus at ECW is on implementing business-first technologies that directly contribute to achieving your strategic goals.
At ECW, Eric firmly believes in building client-provider relationships based on trust and understanding, rather than resorting to unnecessary upsells. With a genuine passion for helping businesses thrive, Eric is wholeheartedly dedicated to assisting our clients in enhancing their technology, giving them a competitive advantage in their respective industries.