Your healthcare clinic or organization exists to provide the best care possible to your clients. If you want to qualify for U.S. government funding to help provide that care, you must pass a HIPAA Risk Assessment every year or risk being fined or even imprisoned.
This year the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office for Civil Rights (OCR) announced a number of important changes to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act. This is being done in an effort to strengthen the privacy and security protections for health information established under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
ECW Computers can help you ensure that your healthcare business complies with all the required privacy and security regulations, reducing the risk to your clients so you don’t run the risk of the serious fines or even imprisonment that face those in violation of HIPAA / HITECH guidelines. Learn more by contacting us at (561) 306-2284 or Info@ecwcomputers.com.
Our certified IT Solutions experts will conduct a HIPAA Risk Assessment on your healthcare organization’s systems, putting your mind at ease by:
- Providing a written contract stating that your organization is HIPAA compliant;
- Ensuring your hardware, network and mobile devices are all secured;
- Confirming your business associates also comply with HIPAA/HITECH so you won’t be affected by someone else’s error; and
- Securing your confidential patient data, making certain it is not only backed up but also encrypted for maximum protection.
Make certain to schedule a HIPAA Risk Assessment every year as per regulations! Failing to conduct an assessment could result in:
- An increased risk of data breaches,
- Civil monetary penalties,
- Enforcement to recoup incentive payments,
- Possible exclusion from all federally funded healthcare programs.
Avoid the risk and protect your healthcare organization’s good name with a Risk Assessment from ECW Computers. Contact us for reliable and expert IT solutions for your business in Broward County. Schedule your HIPAA Risk Assessment or a complimentary security assessment by calling us at (561) 306-2284 or emailing us at Info@ecwcomputers.com.
ECW Computers is an information technology company. Headquartered in Deerfield Beach, FL, we specialize in providing unique, specially-tailored Managed IT solutions to businesses in Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Miami and across South Florida.