We all know the old saying, but when it comes to locking up your important data, this is a dangerous idea. Passwords are your first line of defense against unauthorized users when it comes to safeguarding your company’s most privy files.
You might decide to use an easy-going password if your memory isn’t the greatest, but when you do this, you’re putting your business at risk of being infiltrated by hackers and malicious software.
Does your password fit the list for 2015’s Most Hacked Passwords?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these painfully common passwords, below you will find some great tips and tricks to make your password practically impenetrable:
- Use 12 characters or more,
- Do not use user names, real names, or company names,
- Avoid using the same password for multiple sites and programs,
- Avoid using complete words (i.e. w0rd5 instead of words),
- Use a password manager to create and save your passwords,
- Use upper case and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
Always, always, always use different passwords for different websites and programs. Turning your password into a master key is simply putting your entire business at risk.
Although it might be a little complicated to create and memorize a strong and secure password, always remember what it is protecting.
ECW Network & IT Solutions teaches you how to protect your business against infiltration from hackers and vicious malware. Call us at (561) 306-2284 or email us at Info@ecwcomputers.com to speak with one of our IT professionals.