WARNING: Your “Corporate Shield” May Be Made of Tissue Paper – 3 Ways You May Be Held Personally Liable For Your Business’s Security Breach
Did you know that in the state of Texas, the owner of a business or medical practice is most likely to be the one who’s fined when a HIPAA security breach occurs?
- You are responsible for protecting your documents – Are you prepared to take the blame?
- Get fined up to $2,000,000 per incident?
- Or worse, trash your reputation and lose your licence?
Let me tell you a short story to enlighten you on this endearing subject.
You may have heard about the recent breach with FileFax Inc. – an infamous record storage and disposal company. They’re being sued for improperly disposing of sensitive files belonging to thousands of medical patients.
As soon as I read this I thought of your beautiful face. Naïve and hopeful – like a small child right before reality sets in and your voice starts to crack.
But never fear little Johnny – I’m here to warn you.
It’s up to you to do your research and choose an IT company that will ensure your company’s safety. Make sure you choose the right guy – the first time.
In 2014 there were 4463 HIPAA security breaches reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. 66% of these breaches were due to an error made by the weakest link – YOU.
The sheer number of HIPAA breaches every year is evidence that many IT service providers have zero knowledge, and are not giving you the right information about HIPAA and other compliance requirements that you need to follow – or face serious consequences.
Need more proof? Here are some cold, hard facts to ponder:
- 59% of polled IT professionals say that they are not prepared to undergo an audit
- 70% of audited, privately owned practices were non-compliant in one or more areas
- 76% of doctors surveyed say that they fear they would lose all of their clientele in the case of a breach
Now I need to ask you again, do you trust your IT Company to look after your compliance, and to ensure you have met all the requirements outlined?
I can just see you shaking your head right now. (Sigh)
ECW Network & IT Solutions is one of Fort Lauderdale’s most well known Health Care IT providers – we really are experts – unlike some of our counterparts.
We want to save your sweet, innocent mind from the terrors of massive breach fines.
With decades of experience in this very complex industry, your company’s security will be in more-than-capable hands.
Here’s what you’ll get when the two of us work together:
- Our state of the art web-based solution will ensure the safety of your documents
- You’ll save time and a lot of money! Our price is a lot more appealing than that $2,000,000 fine you’ll be avoiding
- Guaranteed complete compliance and protection
So, unless you’re willing to risk your reputation and get slammed with a massive fine, – contact ECW Network & IT Solutions today to book your FREE, no-obligation HIPAA IT review.
Do it now before it’s too late.